There are many CMA schools to choose from, but you want to make sure that you are doing some research before you begin to make sure that you are getting the most out of your education at a price that you can afford. Not all schools are created the same, and investigating each school can help you to start your career as a CMA.
Instead of only doing research online, you may want to begin by contacting each school to obtain more information. Most CMA programs will have a designated person, or counselor that can provide a great deal of information about the CMA classes and how to get started. This is where you can ask all of the questions that you may have about the program, and you should feel as though you have all of the right information about this program after this inquiry. If you find that there is no one available to answer your questions, or it takes a great deal of time for someone to get back to you, this may be a bad sign.
You will also want to find out more about the specific CMA courses. You will have to pass an exam when you have completed your training, and you want to make sure that all courses prepare you for this time. You want to be ready to obtain your CMA certification, and the only way to complete this exam is with the right training.
There will often be a schedule that you need to adhere to for your CMA training. You should make sure that this does not conflict with other obligations that you have in your life. There are often several options that you can explore to get this training, and now it is becoming more common to complete this training online. Completing courses online will allow you to cater your school work around your life and circumstances.
Top ABA CMA Schools
- Provides the healthcare knowledge & technical skills students need to get ahead
- SACS accredited with campuses in VA, FL, NC, SC & flexible online & on-campus courses
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Supportive learning atmosphere with small class sizes & plenty of academic support
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Dental Assisting - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- BS Respiratory Therapy - Post-Licensure
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Coding and Billing
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Health and Wellness
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
- Health Sciences (Ph.D.)
- Certificate in Medical Coding and Billing
When you obtain your CMA degree, you will find that there are jobs that are open everywhere. This is one career path that is expected to grow in demand in the upcoming years, and this can place you in a field where there is a high demand for your skills. You may find that you are even recruited before you complete all of your training, and this can be a great feeling.
You will have to complete your CMA exam to receive your certificate, and you should find out about how to complete this exam from the very beginning of your training. You will want to obtain details about how much the exam will cost, when it is offered, and where you have to go to complete this exam. You will find that training can be completed in less than a year, and this will allow you to start a new career fast.