Radiographers are skilled and trained medical professionals who specialize in using advanced X-ray equipment and other sophisticated, high-end medical technologies. These specialists know how to operate X-ray machines in order to detect and diagnose a plethora of different problems, from injuries and illnesses to tumors and broken bones. Radiographers and radiologic technologists have almost the same duties and responsibilities, and their mean yearly wage is of around $44,000 a year, although they can earn more than $77,000 on a yearly basis depending on their level of training, expertise and on their employer and work environment.
Pay Scale In Different Areas Of The United States
The lowest paying states for these professionals are Mississippi, Arkansas and Virginia, who offer them a mean yearly payment between $44,000 and $45,000. At the opposite end, there are the states of Massachusetts with over $82,000 a year, followed by the state of California with just over $70,000 a year and the state of Alaska, with almost $68,000 a year.
Radiographer Job Description
These are skilled and highly trained professionals who specialize in capturing images of the tissues, bones and organs. Their duty is to use their technological skills at the fullest in order to operate advanced imaging equipment, and to keep in touch with other medical professionals such as surgeons or physicians in order to diagnose various illnesses and conditions and to treat them effectively.
Just like radiology technicians and technologists or sonographers, the radiographers are professionals who work in the radiography profession. They use ultrasound equipment, MRI devices, X-rays and other devices in order to assess, diagnose and then treat patients who suffer from diseases, injuries and a variety of other medical problems. They are often part of the surgical or the medical team, and their expertise in the radiography industry is essential for providing an accurate and efficient diagnostic.
The duties and responsibilities of radiographers are many, as these professionals are responsible for carefully preparing the machines used for taking the images, and for safely positioning the patients for the best and most accurate images. These professionals can also deal with various administrative tasks as well, like maintaining patient records, scheduling appointments or creating work schedules. They can perform a variety of tasks, from taking MRIs and computed tomographies to performing mammographies. They use non-invasive sound waves to identify problems with the internal organs, and they can choose to specialize in one of the many different fields, like women’s health, echocardiography, vascular technology and so forth.
How To Become A Radiographer?
- Sports Marketing and Media, Bachelor of Science
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Athletic Coaching - MAT
- Sport and Athletic Management - MAT
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MS in Sport Management - Tourism :Thesis
- MS in Sport Management - Tourism : Non-Thesis
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Massage Therapy
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Behavioral Health Science - Trauma
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Early Childhood Education, ESL/TESOL, Special Education, Education Leadership and Administration, and Curriculum and Instruction Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Education and Teaching Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Education and Teaching Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Radiographers are very sought-after all around the world, given the fact that they play a crucial role in the medical industry. In order to become a radiographer, you must firstly make sure that you possess a set of skills that are essential for your success, including strong interpersonal skills, close attention to detail, a strong scientific, medical and technological background, good communication and listening skills and such.
Regarding the formal education requirements, it must be said that it is important to have a high school diploma and then to enroll in a Bachelor’s Degree training program in medical imaging science or any other health and science-related discipline. Once you graduate, it is important to get some experience within an accredited clinical radiology department, and then you can apply for your accreditation which will be relevant for your registration, licensure or certification, later on.
One of the most important parts of becoming a radiographer is getting your certification, or your AART credential. By getting this credential, you will show that you have managed to raise to the standards for interventional procedures and medical imaging that apply in the state where you work. It is important to meet basic eligibility criteria related to the examination requirements, the education and the medical ethics. To be eligible, you must have completed an accredited radiography educational program and have earned an academic degree.
Radiographer Salary In Canada, Australia And The United Kingdom
In Canada, the mean yearly salary of these professionals is between C$35,000 and C$74,000, while in the United Kingdom they should expect to be paid between 19,000 and 40,000 pounds a year. An Australian radiographer typically makes between Au$40,000 and Au$89,000 on a yearly basis.
Verdict On Radiographer Salary
To sum it all up, radiographers play a crucial role in the health care industry, and their salary is often very rewarding for their job.