Yoga instructors have become very popular lately, once people have started to realize the physical, mental and emotional benefits of practicing yoga regularly. Yoga instructors can either work with clients individually during one on one sessions, or they can teach to larger groups. These professionals can be found in fitness centers, although they can open their own training centers. The training for becoming a yoga instructors is usually short yet comprehensive, and the median yearly wage for these professionals is of around $35,000 per year. In some cases, these professionals can make as much as $60,000 per year or even more, depending on their employer, their location and their work environment.
Pay Scale In Different Parts Of The United States
The state of New York is one of the highest paying ones for yoga instructors, mainly because of the high living costs here. In New York, a certified yoga instructor can make as much as $52,000 per year. The second highest paying state in the USA is the District of Columbia, where these professionals make around $49,000, followed by Massachusetts with little over $45,000 a year. The states of California and New Jersey also pay them median salaries that tend to be over the national average.
Yoga Instructor Job Description
Yoga instructors target both the mind and the body of the clients. Yoga has been practiced both by professionals and by amateur enthusiasts for thousands of years, and it originates in certain parts of Asia. The benefits of practicing yoga on a regular basis are many: not only will this improve your flexibility and strength, but it will also help you relax and let off all the stress that has been gathering inside you.
These professionals are responsible with teaching their students all the different toga positions and making sure that they properly use the relaxation and breathing techniques associated with them. It often happens that yoga instructors work with clients individually, in order to develop and implement a personalized training schedule based on the personal needs and demands of each student.
In addition to teaching their students the basic yoga postures and relaxation techniques, these professionals also offer useful tips, hints and advice on the different lifestyle issues that can influence the efficacy of the training. These tips can be on diet and mind control, although they are often aimed at exercising and living a healthy lifestyle, overall.
Generally speaking, yoga instructors prefer to work in quiet and relaxing environments where they are not interrupted by noises or other people – this is precisely the reason why most of the instructors these days choose to open their own private practices, rather than working within a larger fitness center. The self-employed yoga instructors enjoy more financial freedom and their working schedule often tends to be more flexible as well. In some cases, they may work during the weekends as well.
How To Become A Yoga Instructor?
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
The first thing you need in order to make a name for yourself as a yoga instructor is a high school diploma. Only after that you can enroll in a specialized training program and train under what is known as the Yoga Alliance, which will offer you the credentials you need in order to practice. The training program typically takes up to 500 practical hours, during which you will learn the basic relaxation and yoga techniques and positions, and you will get a deeper insight into virtually any other yoga-related field.
At the end of the training program, you will have all the necessary skills and knowledge you need in order to sit for the final certification exam and become a certified yoga instructor. A college degree is needed before you sit for the certification exam, and you will also need to become familiar with fields like anatomy, physical education, physiology as well as psychology.
The Yoga Alliance is the organization responsible for certifying Yoga instructors in the United States of America, and the basic requirements include at least 200 training hours, both theoretical and practical hours.
Yoga Instructor Salary In Canada, Australia And The United Kingdom
In Canada, yoga instructors make around Cad$55,000, in Australia approximately Au$61,000 while the United Kingdom rewards these professionals with around 30,000 pounds a year.
Verdict On Yoga Instructor Salary
Working as a yoga instructor is certainly very pleasant and rewarding in the long run, and the salary is satisfactory as well.