Certified Medical Assistant Salary US
The average yearly salary of certified medical assistants in the United States of America is of $51,000.
Pay Scale In Different Parts Of The United States
Different states pay their certified medical assistants different hourly rates. The number one highest paying state is California, which pays certified medical assistants with an average of $22 per hour. The second state where these medical professionals have the highest salary is Idaho, which pays them with an average of $21.6 per hour, while Connecticut, Massachusets and New Jersey pay them with around $20 on an hourly basis.
Job Description Of Certified Medical Assistants
The purpose of certified medical assistants if to offer clinical and business office assistants for pediatrists, physicians, chiropractors and other medical professionals. They have a plethora of job duties and responsibilities, from welcoming and greeting the patients to answering phone calls and e-mails, and preparing the patients for the health care visit. Also, it is the duty of the certified medical assistant to verify the patient information and make sure the data is accurate, to take their vital signs and record their medical history as well as to perform basic laboratory tests and to dispose of the contaminated supplies.
These medical professionals also deal with sterilizing all the medical instruments before a surgery, authorizing drug refills and educating all the patients on their diet and medications and answering their questions regarding their overall health status or the condition they are suffering from. This is a demanding job that requires clinical skills, documentation and procedural skills. Also, a certified medical assistant must have impeccable communication skills, must be able to work in a medical team and must plan and make the inventory control on a regular basis.
How To Become A Certified Medical Assistant?
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Billing and Coding Specialist
- And more...
- Earn your AVMA-CVTEA fully accredited Veterinary Technician Associate Degree online from Penn Foster College.
- Graduates of our vet tech program will be eligible to take the Veterinary Technician National Examination (VTNE) in order to be credentialed as a licensed veterinary technician.
- At only $85 per credit with low monthly payment plans and 0% interest, our vet tech program is one of the most affordable programs in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s award-winning Veterinary Academy Team includes licensed veterinarians and credentialed veterinary technicians with over 100+ years of experience teaching vet tech students.
- Over 160 students graduated from Penn Foster College’s Vet Tech program in 2016, more than any other program in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s 24/7, on-demand learning platform is easy to use – at home or on the go – and you decide when to start and take your classes.
- Veterinary Technician
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Dental Assisting - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science (Post PTA)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
Becoming a certified medical nurse requires extensive formal education combined with practical hands-on experience. Simply put, future medical assistants can enroll in special educational programs that will offer them a one-year certificate, or they can choose to get extensive, in-depth training in the medical field and opt for the two year Associate’s Degree provided by a reputable and accredited school. Throughout the course, the medical assistants will learn a lot about medical filling, first aid, science, math, pharmacology as well as medical terminology. Their training will culminate with the certification.
Getting your certification and becoming a certified medical assistant will not only increase the job outlook, but it will add to your salary as well. After you have completed one of the two programs mentioned above, you need to sit for the certification exam that is administered by the American Association of Medical Assistants. The certification is only temporary and it must be renewed once every five years, and although most employers do not require their medical assistants to be certified, it certainly adds to their resume and they will have more job opportunities as opposed to regular medical assistants.
Certified Medical Assistant Salary In Canada, Australia And The United Kingdom
In addition to the yearly salary of certified medical assistants in the US, which can be quite high, the average annual wage for a Canadian certified medical assistant is is C35,000 or more, depending on the working environment. On the other hand, certified medical assistants can make up to AU $50,000 in Australia, while the United Kingdom pays these professionals with an average annual income of around 30,000 pounds.
Verdict On Certified Medical Assistant Salary
Those who are genuinely interested in achieving experience and insight into the medical field and who want to climb the ladder and become better professionals in the health care industry should know that working as a medical assistant who has recently got their certification is certainly a great starting point. However, it is a known fact that private practices tend to pay better than public hospitals.
The bottom line is that the training only lasts for 12 to 24 months and the salary is satisfactory, and although the starting salary of a certified medical is low, it can gradually increase over the years. Besides this, there are many opportunities to get a significant rise as well and to aspire to a higher and better pait job position.