Chiropractic Assistant Salary US
Chiropractic assistants earn a median yearly salary of $39,000 in the United States, and it is believed that more than a quarter more chiropractors will be hired within the decade 2010-2020. These assistants are medical professionals who have a good salary for the medical industry, although they can earn far more if they choose to work for private practices, or if they choose to reside in some of the highest paying US states, such as the ones that will be detailed above.
Pay Scale In Different Parts Of The United States
It is a known fact that some states in the USA pay chiropractic assistants better than others, and some of the states where they can make $40,000 a year or more (above the yearly national average described above) include Texas (Dallas is one of the city where these professionals are paid the best), Denver in Colorado, the state of New York, Pennsylvania or Illinois. As it often happens, California is the state that best pays chiropractic assistants, and some cities such as San Francisco pay them with more than $50,000 a year.
Job Description Of Chiropractic Assistants
As the name suggests, chiropractic assistants are skilled and trained assistants that work close to licensed chiropractors. They usually need to deal with office tasks from registering the new patients to checking out those who leave, managing the medical files and records of both new and old patients, checking all the supplies and the chiropractic equipment on a regular basis, answering phone calls and e-mails as well as recording the vital signs of the patients. In some cases, the duties and responsibilities of these health care professionals also involve maintaining an orderly working area, transferring the patients from one location to another or verifying their insurance and keeping track of all the office supplies.
How To Become A Chiropractic Assistant?
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Massage Therapy
- Massage Therapist
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Massage Therapy - Associate's
Prepare for a Career That You Will Love … in Massage Therapy!
Do you want a career that offers the satisfaction of helping people and a work environment that is positive and exciting? With the education you will receive at the Virginia School of Massage, that career can be yours.
Classes start November 13!
- Professional Massage Therapy Program
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Massage Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Interested in Changing the Lives of Patients and People with Each New Discussion? Get Educated in the Psychology Field.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Psychology, Human Services, Social Work Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
Becoming a chiropractic assistant takes several years of hard training and hands on experience, as these professionals need to combine extensive coursework with practical experience. Also, they are usually required to complete a DC program (DC stands for Doctor of Chiropractor) and then get a license provided by the state where they reside. Practicing without a license is prohibited, and most chiropractic assistant need to have at least three years of college studies.
Although a Bachelor’s Degree in the field is not always required, most of the applicants have one given the fact that this significantly increases their chances of getting a job. The overall Doctor of Chiropractor coursework lasts for four years, two of which are dedicated to theoretical training and the other two to practical training. At first, the chiropractic assistant will work under the close supervision of a more experience chiropractor, in order to complete the required residency work. Learn more about chiropractic assistant schools here.
If you want to become a chiropractic assistant, you will need to obtain the licensure and in order to do that, you need to pass a state exam or to get your certification awarded by the NBCE, or the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners. This is a professional organization that focuses on some of the most important areas of chiropractor treatment, including the most important manipulation techniques. Also, the programs can include courses in basic radiography, and some students choose to specialize in alternative treatments like acupuncture or massage therapy as well.
The Salary Of Chiropractic Assistants In Canada, Australia And The UK
Those who work as chiropractor assistants in Australia can make an annual median salary of around AU $75,000, with a maximum of AU $100,000. On the other hand, the average yearly wage of these medical professionals in the United Kingdom is of 20,000 pounds, although some of them can make twice as much. Last, but not least, the median yearly wage of chiropractor assistants in Canada is of CA $70,000.
Verdict On Chiropractic Assistant Salary
To conclude, the salary of chiropractic assistants can vary greatly from one country to another. As a matter of fact, it also varies from one state to another as well, and if your reside in the US then you should certainly consider moving to California, as that is the state where these medical professionals are paid the highest average yearly salary. Overall, this can be a lucrative career with great opportunities for advancement.