Chiropractic Assistant Salary US
Chiropractic assistants earn a median yearly salary of $39,000 in the United States, and it is believed that more than a quarter more chiropractors will be hired within the decade 2010-2020. These assistants are medical professionals who have a good salary for the medical industry, although they can earn far more if they choose to work for private practices, or if they choose to reside in some of the highest paying US states, such as the ones that will be detailed above.
Pay Scale In Different Parts Of The United States
It is a known fact that some states in the USA pay chiropractic assistants better than others, and some of the states where they can make $40,000 a year or more (above the yearly national average described above) include Texas (Dallas is one of the city where these professionals are paid the best), Denver in Colorado, the state of New York, Pennsylvania or Illinois. As it often happens, California is the state that best pays chiropractic assistants, and some cities such as San Francisco pay them with more than $50,000 a year.
Job Description Of Chiropractic Assistants
As the name suggests, chiropractic assistants are skilled and trained assistants that work close to licensed chiropractors. They usually need to deal with office tasks from registering the new patients to checking out those who leave, managing the medical files and records of both new and old patients, checking all the supplies and the chiropractic equipment on a regular basis, answering phone calls and e-mails as well as recording the vital signs of the patients. In some cases, the duties and responsibilities of these health care professionals also involve maintaining an orderly working area, transferring the patients from one location to another or verifying their insurance and keeping track of all the office supplies.
How To Become A Chiropractic Assistant?
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Massage Therapy
Prepare for a Career That You Will Love … in Massage Therapy!
Do you want a career that offers the satisfaction of helping people and a work environment that is positive and exciting? With the education you will receive at the Virginia School of Massage, that career can be yours.
Classes start November 13!
- Professional Massage Therapy Program
- Physical Therapy Aide
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Massage Therapy
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Massage Therapy - Associate's
- Respiratory Therapy
- Does psychology interest you? See if Grand Canyon University could be a good fit for your journey in discovering the human mind!
- GCU offers a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and a Master of Science in Psychology with an emphasis in either General Psychology or Industrial & Organizational Psychology.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education, blending the study of traditional humanities in a modern context.
- GCU offers a variety of learning options, including: traditional degree programs offered at our main campus, online degrees, or evening classes meeting once a week at various locations.
- Founded in 1949, GCU is a regionally accredited, private Christian university and is recognized as offering some of the best online education programs in the nation.
- Request information and learn more about our program offerings, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
Becoming a chiropractic assistant takes several years of hard training and hands on experience, as these professionals need to combine extensive coursework with practical experience. Also, they are usually required to complete a DC program (DC stands for Doctor of Chiropractor) and then get a license provided by the state where they reside. Practicing without a license is prohibited, and most chiropractic assistant need to have at least three years of college studies.
Although a Bachelor’s Degree in the field is not always required, most of the applicants have one given the fact that this significantly increases their chances of getting a job. The overall Doctor of Chiropractor coursework lasts for four years, two of which are dedicated to theoretical training and the other two to practical training. At first, the chiropractic assistant will work under the close supervision of a more experience chiropractor, in order to complete the required residency work. Learn more about chiropractic assistant schools here.
If you want to become a chiropractic assistant, you will need to obtain the licensure and in order to do that, you need to pass a state exam or to get your certification awarded by the NBCE, or the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners. This is a professional organization that focuses on some of the most important areas of chiropractor treatment, including the most important manipulation techniques. Also, the programs can include courses in basic radiography, and some students choose to specialize in alternative treatments like acupuncture or massage therapy as well.
The Salary Of Chiropractic Assistants In Canada, Australia And The UK
Those who work as chiropractor assistants in Australia can make an annual median salary of around AU $75,000, with a maximum of AU $100,000. On the other hand, the average yearly wage of these medical professionals in the United Kingdom is of 20,000 pounds, although some of them can make twice as much. Last, but not least, the median yearly wage of chiropractor assistants in Canada is of CA $70,000.
Verdict On Chiropractic Assistant Salary
To conclude, the salary of chiropractic assistants can vary greatly from one country to another. As a matter of fact, it also varies from one state to another as well, and if your reside in the US then you should certainly consider moving to California, as that is the state where these medical professionals are paid the highest average yearly salary. Overall, this can be a lucrative career with great opportunities for advancement.