Clinical Medical Assistant Salary In The United States
The median yearly wage of clinical medical assistants in the United States is $32,000, although it is not uncommon for some of them to earn only $21,000 if they fill an entry-level position, or up to $41,000 or even more if they are highly trained and have an experience of several years in their field of practice.
Pay Scale In Different Parts Of The United States
There are several notable states in the US where clinical medical assistants have a very high payment, and Alaska is undoubtedly the number one on the list as its pays its clinical medical assistants with around $40,000 a year. The district of Columbia, Washington, Hawaii or Massachusetts also offer median yearly salaries of over $35,000. On the other hand, the employment rates in the following states tend to be higher: Florida, Ohio, Texas and California.
Job Description Of Clinical Medical Assistant
Also known as administrative medical assistants or simply MA, these are allied health care professionals whose duties vary from one office to another. They need good organizational skills coupled with knowledge that is relevant to the medical field, and they also need to be computer literate. These professionals work closely to poediatrists, chiropractors and other health care practitioners, and they can activate in universities, private practices, research laboratories as well as long term care facilities.
The clinical medical assistant has a variety of duties and responsibilities, and it is their job to assist physicians in the physical examination of patients. Also, these health care professionals can also bring their contribution to the treatment plan of patients, they can measure their vital signs, take their blood pressure, temperature and pulse rate as well as record vital medical information on charts.
In some cases, the clinical medical assistant may also be required to perform venipuncture and to draw blood samples that will then be sent over to the laboratory for further analysis. It is also the duty of these professionals to prepare the treatment rooms for surgery and to be familiar with medical practices and procedures. These health care professionals do not work on their own, as they usually report to a manager, a physician or another supervisor.
How To Become A Clinical Medical Assistant?
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Provides the healthcare knowledge & technical skills students need to get ahead
- SACS accredited with campuses in VA, FL, NC, SC & flexible online & on-campus courses
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Supportive learning atmosphere with small class sizes & plenty of academic support
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Dental Assisting - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- BS Respiratory Therapy - Post-Licensure
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
Simply put, an aspiring clinical medical assistant can opt for one of the two main educational programs that are available: you can enroll either in a one-year certification program or in a program that will culminate with an Associate’s Degree and typically requires two years of study, the sole condition is to make sure that the program you have opted for is accredited. Regardless of your choice, the coursework is typically the came as you will get a deeper insight into science, medical billing, medical terminology and a plethora of other subjects that are essential for the medical field.
Upon completing your training and getting your degree, as a clinical medical assistant you can always take up the certification exam that is conducted by the AAMA, or the American Association of Medical Assistants. This exam is offered three times a year and it must be renewed on a constant basis.
Salary Of Clinical Medical Assistants In UK, Canada And Australia
If you have decided to work outside of the United States, then you should know that Canada, Australia and the United Kingdom are in great need of trained, skilled and experienced clinical medical assistants. A Canadian MA can make up to $35,000 a year, while an Australian clinical medical assistant makes an average yearly salary of AU$49,000. On the other hand, the United Kingdom pays its clinical medical assistants with a median yearly wage of 30,000 pounds, although this can vary a lot.
To sum it all up, the medical industry is known as one of the few industries that offer great advancement opportunities for those who work here, and operating as a medical assistant within a hospital or any other clinical setting is certainly very rewarding from a financial point of view. If you aim for a better paying position, then you can always pursue a lucrative career by enriching your skills and knowledge and gaining further education and certification, along with more experience.