According to data obtained from salarylist.com, the median endodontist salary in the United States is reported to be about $132,000 per year. The average salary is $155,000. The lower end of the pay-scale earned an annual salary of about $42,000 and the higher end salary was reported to be about $400,000 per year.
The place of employment and years of experience can affect how much an endodontist earns. Those working in the United States military earn an annual salary of between $140,000 and $265,000. Those employed in hospitals or outpatient settings had an annual salary between $140,000 and $246,000. And those who find themselves employed in a private practice can expect an annual average salary of about $230,000 per year. As always, factors such as work experience and advance training will determine how much money you end up earning as an endodontist.
Job description of an endodontist
What does an endodontist do? They dentists that specialize in a dental field known as endodontics. This is the field in dentistry that deals with dental pulp. The part of the tooth under the enamel (the outer hard covering of the tooth) is referred to as dental pulp. It is made up of tissues nerves and blood vessels.
An endondontist performs what is commonly known as root canal therapy. When you go to have your root canal filled, the dentist who performs this task is known as an endodontist. They also treat cracked teeth and dental trauma.
Ho to become an endodontist
- Fortis offers a Medical Assisting program designed to propel you forward
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Most campuses offer hands-on instruction for a variety of healthcare fields
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Dental Assisting
- And more...
- Provides the healthcare knowledge & technical skills students need to get ahead
- SACS accredited with campuses in VA, FL, NC, SC & flexible online & on-campus courses
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Supportive learning atmosphere with small class sizes & plenty of academic support
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Dental Assisting - Associate's
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
An endodontist is basically a dentist with a specialization in endodontric. Therefore their education will follow a very similar path as any other dentist until they get into residency.
Students in high school thinking of becoming an endodontist should take classes in relevant subjects such as biology, anatomy, chemistry, physics and mathematics.
To become a dentist, you need to enter dental school and complete a program in dentistry. Most dental schools require a bachelor’s degree in order to get accepted. There is no specific major required in your undergraduate studies. But most dental schools require the applicant to have taken courses in chemistry, biology, physics, anatomy, physiology and biochemistry.
Students should sit and pass the Dental Admission Test (DAT) in the junior year of their undergraduate program. Application for dental school requires a bachelor’s degree, DAT results, letters of recommendation and interview. When you complete dental school, you are awarded a Doctorate degree in dentistry.
To become an enddodontist, you will need a further 2 years supervised residency training in the specialty of endododontics. This is where you acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to become an endodontist.
The next step necessary to become an endodontist is licensing. All states require endodontists to be licensed in order to practice. You will need to pass state examination in order to obtain this license.
You might also want to become board certified. The process involves your work being audited and writing and passing an exam administered by the American Association of Endodontists.
Endodontist salary in other countries (UK, Canada and Australia)
In Canada, endodontists earn an average annual salary of about CA$142,000. Those working in Australian can expect a salary of between AU$50,000 and AU$204,000. The median salary in Australia is about AU$91,000. Endodontists working in the United Kingdom (UK) can expect a salary of between £29,000 and £103,000 depending on experience and place of work. The median in the UK is reported to be £60,500.
Verdict on endodontist salary.
The profession of an endodontist is a growing one and there is expected to be an increase in available jobs for the foreseeable future. The salary is not the highest compared to some other health professions but is however still a highly paid job when compared to some other professions.