Kinesiology Salary In The United States
Kinesiologists are professionals who pursue a career in fitness, wellness and health, from the position of personal trainer to that of athletic therapist. In order to become a certified kinesiologist in the United States, one needs to have all the necessary skills for the job as well as a Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology. In addition to this, it is highly recommended to have some background in physiotherapy, chiropractics or any other field related to kinesiology. That being said, it must be mentioned that the average yearly salary for those who work in the field of kinesiology is of around $56,000 a year, although this varies greatly depending on the state where they work.
Pay Scale In Different Parts Of The United States
As you may have figured out already, kinesiologists are paid differently across the United States of America. In Alaska for instance, these professionals earn a median yearly wage of around $55,000, which is $1,000 under the national average. On the other hand, those who work in the states of Florida, Georgia or Connecticut usually earn over $60,000 a year, and so do those who live in the states of Indiana and Illinois. Moreover, those who live and work in Maryland or Massachusetts also receive very rewarding paychecks for their services in the field of kinesiology, especially those from Massachusetts which are said to earn around $74,000 a year.
Kinesiology Job Description
Kinesiologists are skilled professionals who are constantly looking for new ways and techniques to boost the performance and the efficacy of the human body. These professionals study the human movement and they apply their knowledge, giving useful advice to groups and individuals from the fitness and health industry. It is an aspect of paramount importance that kinesiologists know the human anatomy and all the injuries that may occur to the bones or muscles. At the same time, these professionals may also help people recover from an injury, such as a strain or sprain.
Kinesiologists use principles from the biological science to help athletes and other sports enthusiasts improve their performance in a fast, efficient and comfortable manner. They also deal with patients from physical therapy programs or those who are in rehabilitation centers and who need professional help to recover from bone fractures and other similar injuries. That being said, it is not uncommon for a kinesiologist to continue their education and to become skilled chiropractors or even physiotherapists, as this can eventually lead to a higher salary.
The job duties and requirements of a kinesiologist are also numerous, but their core responsibility is helping patients cope with a plethora of different physical injuries, as well as to prevent the onset of disorders that may affect the patient’s ability to move. These professionals study various physiological requirements and the biomechanics of human movements, they demonstrate the muscle movement and they also promote ergonomic body posture.
How To Become A Kinesiologist?
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- BS in Nutrition
- AAS in Business Administration - Health Club Operations
- Health Care degrees include BA in Health Care Administration, BS in Health Information Management, BS in Nursing (RN to BSN), and more.
- Coursework focuses on relevant topics in the health care field, such as administration, planning, and policy.
- Students can specialize in areas like Human Resource Management, Health Care Informatics Systems, and Long-Term Care Management.
- Online degree programs that can help students pursue a degree on their own schedule.
- BA/Health and Wellness
- BA/Health Education
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Nutrition
- AAS in Business Administration - Health Club Operations
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MS in Sport Management - Tourism :Thesis
- MS in Sport Management - Tourism : Non-Thesis
- Master of Science: Sport Management: Outdoor Adventure Sport (Thesis)
- And more...
UNE Online, through the College of Graduate and Professional Studies, strives to enhance, expand and enrich learning opportunities in online programs. The UNE Online staff is highly invested in the success of each enrolled student from application to graduation and beyond.
- MS in Applied Nutrition
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Management / Sport Management
- B.S. in Sport Management
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
If you have decided to become a kinesiologist, then it means that you are passionate about helping athletes and other sports people make wise physical activity choices that would help them improve their health status and their lifestyle. Kinesiologists have in-depth training in the field of human movement, they have impeccable communication skills and in order to become one, you will need either a Bachelor’s or a Master’s degree in Exercise Physiology, Exercise Science or Human Kinetics. The higher the graduate degree, the higher your median yearly age will be.
It is important to enroll in a four-year program that will teach you the basics of kinesiology, and after you get your degree you will be hired by various fitness, sports and recreation centers, athletic and sporting equipment companies, occupational health departments and other similar work environments where you get to work with people who are concerned about their health. These professionals work both indoors and outdoors, and it is very important to combine coursework with practical, hands-on experience in order to offer your patients the best services available.
Regarding the necessary skills for becoming a kinesiologist, it must be said that these professionals need to have a natural and genuine passion for fitness and health, they must be patient with others, they must have great organizational and communication skills as well as a lot of self-confidence that they are willing to share with other people.
If you have gotten your Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in Kinesiology or any other adjacent field, then it is perfectly normal to want to pursue a certification in the field. The certification varies a lot, depending on the type of kinesiologist you want to become – for instance, some professionals want to become teachers, and the teacher certification requirements are slightly different. Nonetheless, there are two institutions that offer graduates their necessary certifications to work as fitness instructors: the American College of Sports and Medicine as well as the American Council on Exercise.
Kinesiology Salary In Canada, Australia And The United Kingdom
The mean yearly salary for these professionals vary a lot depending on their location. For instance, those who work in Canada have an average wage of C$16 per hour, although those who have 10 years of experience or more can earn significantly more money. On the other hand, a kinesiologist that is based in the United Kingdom can have a salary between 15,000 and 35,000 pounds depending on their expertise, while an Australian kinesiologist typically makes between AU$41,000 and AU$79,000 a year.
Verdict On Kinesiology Salary
Becoming a kinesiologist is certainly not difficult as this profession requires a lot of training, expertise and knowledge in physiology and human anatomy, but the salary is certainly very motivating for many professionals from the fitness and health industry. As a matter of fact, kinesiologists are amongst the highest paid professionals in their field of activity, therefore if you are driven by salary but, at the same time, you have a genuine desire for helping people recover from various bone and muscle injuries as well as to achieve their health and weight loss goals, then pursuing a career in kinesiology may indeed be the best choice for you, from a professional and financial standpoint.