People are often faced with monumental decisions when it comes to deciding how they will spend the rest of their lives with regard to their profession. Some make a decision at a young age and they are able to stick with it throughout their entire lives until they are ready for retirement. Still others find themselves at a point in their lives where they must reinvent themselves for one reason or another. Regardless of the reasons behind their decision, it is important that any individual who is faced with a decision about their professional life take the time to sit down and decide what type of profession they would like to be in that would make them happy and give them fulfillment while simultaneously opening up many opportunities for them and providing financial security.
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Programs
When it comes to a profession that can provide all of these things a career as an acute care nurse practitioner can be an excellent option. The first course of action is to find programs available in the area that a person can realistically apply to in hopes of getting accepted and getting on the path to a better career. Finding a program is typically the easiest part, as these programs are often rather difficult to get accepted to. However, those that have what it takes to get accepted have a very unique and important opportunity that has been made available to them. In fact, these programs provide the very important initial steps in making this type of career a reality.
Top Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Schools
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Family Nurse Practitioner, Primary Care Certificate
- Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Certificate
- Accelerated BSN to MSN
- Earn a nursing degree focused on leadership & expanding technologies in healthcare
- SACS accredited with flexible options for Associate, Bachelor & Master degrees
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked as a top school in the nation by the Military Times Best for Vets Colleges
- Master of Science in Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice - Advanced Practice Nurse
- Doctor of Nursing Practice - Executive Nursing Leadership
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate (MSN to FNP)
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- M.B.A. and M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Leadership in Health Care Systems (dual degree)
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- M.B.A. and M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- And more...
Founded more than 130 years ago by the Congregation of the Holy Spirit, Duquesne has grown to become one of the nation's top Catholic universities. The school’s mission is to provide a well-rounded education that challenges students academically while nourishing their spiritual and ethical development. Today, Duquesne is home to 10 schools of study and serves more than 10,000 students.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Training
The training that is involved is often intense but it is well worth the time and the effort that must be spent in order to be successful. Training programs differ slightly from one school to the next but many of the programs have several components that are quite similar. Training typically involves classroom instruction accompanied by practical skills tests and real world observation that helps individuals learn the skills that are necessary to perform on the job.
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Classes
There are several classes that are involved in a program that is designed to help people become an acute care nurse practitioner. The classes range from those which are specific to the duties that a person will be performing on the job to more generalized classes. A person that is receiving a degree in this particular field will have to complete general education courses as well as classes that are more specific to the job at hand. Some classes are more challenging than others but all of the classes offer plenty of opportunities for success as long as a student is willing to work hard and remain disciplined throughout the duration of the program.
In closing, a person that is interested in changing the course of their career to something that will provide a greater level of security as well as additional opportunities for employment may want to consider this particular track because of its ability to help people become successful in the workplace. Finding the right school is the first step in creating success.