The medical world has over the years been known to be one of the fields that offer infinitely rewarding careers, and more to the point lucrative salaries. One of the jobs that meet these two perks happens to be a nursing position for holders of bachelor of science in nursing. This position has become one of the most sought after careers for most individuals that wish to pursue a career in nursing.
What is the bachelor of nursing (BSN) course and what does it entail?
The Bachelor of Science in nursing degree course commonly known by the abbreviations BSN, happens to be a 4 year degree accreditation that focuses on the science and fundamental concepts of nursing. This course is open to anyone that might wish to secure a lucrative career in nursing, which also carries significant advancements.
This invaluable degree course assists students in the preparation for an in-depth and more professional work away from the traditional bedside roles that ordinary nurses normally perform. Some of its core courses include nursing science with an emphasis on microbiology, anatomy psychology, physiology and even chemistry. Additionally, students receive in-depth training in leadership, research, and nursing informatics. Not forgetting the vital education in humanities, mathematics, and various social sciences.
Naturally, a BSN accreditation makes a nursing student or practitioner eligible for administration, consulting, research, teaching positions that carry a higher likelihood of a superior BSN salary, and of course enhanced career advancement opportunities.
What does a career in BSN nursing entail?
A BSN accredited nurse obviously has a huge load of responsibilities to undertake in their day to day endeavors. Taking into consideration the often physically and even emotional output such a job necessitates. Nevertheless, this job happens to be one of the most profitable and highly rewarding in the medical sphere in terms of the professional satisfaction that comes with assisting patients regain their health.
Aside from helping to treat the sick and injured, a BSN nurse is also required to offer appropriate counseling and emotional support to their patients and in extension, their loved ones during the former’s confinement. On the other hand, this job also entails filling a lot of paperwork. While also assisting doctors in the accurate diagnosis of diseases, proper tabulation of the patients’ progress in combating their ailments and of course accurate dispensation of medicines.
How much does a certified BSN nurse earn?
Like earlier stated a career in BSN carries a substantial remuneration, and taking a case study of the United States, such a nurse can expect to get an average BSN salary of $52,397 – $72,458uu each year. The mean national hourly rate falls at approximately $22.85 – $32.91, while the yearly median rate is around $620.427.
Naturally, the BSN nursing salary usually takes into consideration the nurse’s experience. With a nurse fresh from college receiving a mean yearly salary of about $50,733 as his/her starting remuneration. A BSN nurse that has practiced his/her career for a minimum of 4 years can expect to receive around an average BSN salary of $60,371 per annum. A nurse with 5 -9 years experience can expect a mean salary of $66,967 yearly.
Conversely a BSN nurse that has 10 – 19 years experience under their belt receives $71,967 each year. Finally, a BSN nurse with 20 or more years of experience in this field takes home $77,034 per annum.
The median hourly rate for these professionals is approximately $24.81 per hour for BSN nurses with less than 4 years of experience. $27.75 per hour for nurses with 5 – 9 years experience, $31.70 per hour for such professionals with 10 – 19 years under their belt, and finally, 432.91 per hour for BSN nurses with 20 years or above working experience.
BSN salaries in different states
As would be expected the BSN salary varies from state to state, and below just are some of the rates you would receive in 6 different states.
A BSN nurse in this state can expect to receive an hourly rate of $28.94.
California BSN nurses receive an hourly rate of $37.53.
The hourly rate for BSN nurses in this state is $27.38.
BSN nurses from Georgia can expect an hourly rate of $26.16.
The hourly rate in the state of Georgia for BSN nurses is $26.73.
A BSN nurse can expect $28.26 per hour.
How can you be a BSN nurse?
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- PN RN Associate Degree Bridge Program
- Practical Nursing
- And more...
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
- Earn a nursing degree focused on leadership & expanding technologies in healthcare
- SACS accredited with flexible options for Associate, Bachelor & Master degrees
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked as a top school in the nation by the Military Times Best for Vets Colleges
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Accelerated)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Practical Nursing Diploma
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Clinical Concentration
CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, faculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology. And several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News & World Report for Best Online Programs in 2017.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Nursing (RN) - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
There are two options for anyone that might wish to be a BSN nurse can choose from. You can either earn a 2-3 year associate degree in nursing (ADN) or pursue a 4 year degree course. For either option you still have to pass your state’s licensing board examination.