The medical world has over the years been known to be one of the fields that offer infinitely rewarding careers, and more to the point lucrative salaries. One of the jobs that meet these two perks happens to be a nursing position for holders of bachelor of science in nursing. This position has become one of the most sought after careers for most individuals that wish to pursue a career in nursing.
What is the bachelor of nursing (BSN) course and what does it entail?
The Bachelor of Science in nursing degree course commonly known by the abbreviations BSN, happens to be a 4 year degree accreditation that focuses on the science and fundamental concepts of nursing. This course is open to anyone that might wish to secure a lucrative career in nursing, which also carries significant advancements.
This invaluable degree course assists students in the preparation for an in-depth and more professional work away from the traditional bedside roles that ordinary nurses normally perform. Some of its core courses include nursing science with an emphasis on microbiology, anatomy psychology, physiology and even chemistry. Additionally, students receive in-depth training in leadership, research, and nursing informatics. Not forgetting the vital education in humanities, mathematics, and various social sciences.
Naturally, a BSN accreditation makes a nursing student or practitioner eligible for administration, consulting, research, teaching positions that carry a higher likelihood of a superior BSN salary, and of course enhanced career advancement opportunities.
What does a career in BSN nursing entail?
A BSN accredited nurse obviously has a huge load of responsibilities to undertake in their day to day endeavors. Taking into consideration the often physically and even emotional output such a job necessitates. Nevertheless, this job happens to be one of the most profitable and highly rewarding in the medical sphere in terms of the professional satisfaction that comes with assisting patients regain their health.
Aside from helping to treat the sick and injured, a BSN nurse is also required to offer appropriate counseling and emotional support to their patients and in extension, their loved ones during the former’s confinement. On the other hand, this job also entails filling a lot of paperwork. While also assisting doctors in the accurate diagnosis of diseases, proper tabulation of the patients’ progress in combating their ailments and of course accurate dispensation of medicines.
How much does a certified BSN nurse earn?
Like earlier stated a career in BSN carries a substantial remuneration, and taking a case study of the United States, such a nurse can expect to get an average BSN salary of $52,397 – $72,458uu each year. The mean national hourly rate falls at approximately $22.85 – $32.91, while the yearly median rate is around $620.427.
Naturally, the BSN nursing salary usually takes into consideration the nurse’s experience. With a nurse fresh from college receiving a mean yearly salary of about $50,733 as his/her starting remuneration. A BSN nurse that has practiced his/her career for a minimum of 4 years can expect to receive around an average BSN salary of $60,371 per annum. A nurse with 5 -9 years experience can expect a mean salary of $66,967 yearly.
Conversely a BSN nurse that has 10 – 19 years experience under their belt receives $71,967 each year. Finally, a BSN nurse with 20 or more years of experience in this field takes home $77,034 per annum.
The median hourly rate for these professionals is approximately $24.81 per hour for BSN nurses with less than 4 years of experience. $27.75 per hour for nurses with 5 – 9 years experience, $31.70 per hour for such professionals with 10 – 19 years under their belt, and finally, 432.91 per hour for BSN nurses with 20 years or above working experience.
BSN salaries in different states
As would be expected the BSN salary varies from state to state, and below just are some of the rates you would receive in 6 different states.
A BSN nurse in this state can expect to receive an hourly rate of $28.94.
California BSN nurses receive an hourly rate of $37.53.
The hourly rate for BSN nurses in this state is $27.38.
BSN nurses from Georgia can expect an hourly rate of $26.16.
The hourly rate in the state of Georgia for BSN nurses is $26.73.
A BSN nurse can expect $28.26 per hour.
How can you be a BSN nurse?
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Practical Nursing
- PN RN Associate Degree Bridge Program
- And more...
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Practical Nursing Diploma
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Clinical Concentration
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Nursing (RN) - Associate's
- And more...
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
- RN to BSN (licensed RNs only)
- RN to MSN in Clinical Nurse Educator
- And more...
The Metropolitan Institute of Health and Technology (MIHT) is dedicated to educating men and women to serve with confidence in the health and technology industry. MIHT provides career training for students to move forward in their chosen field of study, changing their lives for the better. MIHT strives to provide quality education with affordable tuition. Our staff works to determine the best financial options for students on an individualized level.
- Clinical Medical Assisting
There are two options for anyone that might wish to be a BSN nurse can choose from. You can either earn a 2-3 year associate degree in nursing (ADN) or pursue a 4 year degree course. For either option you still have to pass your state’s licensing board examination.