The medical world has over the years been known to be one of the fields that offer infinitely rewarding careers, and more to the point lucrative salaries. One of the jobs that meet these two perks happens to be a nursing position for holders of bachelor of science in nursing. This position has become one of the most sought after careers for most individuals that wish to pursue a career in nursing.
What is the bachelor of nursing (BSN) course and what does it entail?
The Bachelor of Science in nursing degree course commonly known by the abbreviations BSN, happens to be a 4 year degree accreditation that focuses on the science and fundamental concepts of nursing. This course is open to anyone that might wish to secure a lucrative career in nursing, which also carries significant advancements.
This invaluable degree course assists students in the preparation for an in-depth and more professional work away from the traditional bedside roles that ordinary nurses normally perform. Some of its core courses include nursing science with an emphasis on microbiology, anatomy psychology, physiology and even chemistry. Additionally, students receive in-depth training in leadership, research, and nursing informatics. Not forgetting the vital education in humanities, mathematics, and various social sciences.
Naturally, a BSN accreditation makes a nursing student or practitioner eligible for administration, consulting, research, teaching positions that carry a higher likelihood of a superior BSN salary, and of course enhanced career advancement opportunities.
What does a career in BSN nursing entail?
A BSN accredited nurse obviously has a huge load of responsibilities to undertake in their day to day endeavors. Taking into consideration the often physically and even emotional output such a job necessitates. Nevertheless, this job happens to be one of the most profitable and highly rewarding in the medical sphere in terms of the professional satisfaction that comes with assisting patients regain their health.
Aside from helping to treat the sick and injured, a BSN nurse is also required to offer appropriate counseling and emotional support to their patients and in extension, their loved ones during the former’s confinement. On the other hand, this job also entails filling a lot of paperwork. While also assisting doctors in the accurate diagnosis of diseases, proper tabulation of the patients’ progress in combating their ailments and of course accurate dispensation of medicines.
How much does a certified BSN nurse earn?
Like earlier stated a career in BSN carries a substantial remuneration, and taking a case study of the United States, such a nurse can expect to get an average BSN salary of $52,397 – $72,458uu each year. The mean national hourly rate falls at approximately $22.85 – $32.91, while the yearly median rate is around $620.427.
Naturally, the BSN nursing salary usually takes into consideration the nurse’s experience. With a nurse fresh from college receiving a mean yearly salary of about $50,733 as his/her starting remuneration. A BSN nurse that has practiced his/her career for a minimum of 4 years can expect to receive around an average BSN salary of $60,371 per annum. A nurse with 5 -9 years experience can expect a mean salary of $66,967 yearly.
Conversely a BSN nurse that has 10 – 19 years experience under their belt receives $71,967 each year. Finally, a BSN nurse with 20 or more years of experience in this field takes home $77,034 per annum.
The median hourly rate for these professionals is approximately $24.81 per hour for BSN nurses with less than 4 years of experience. $27.75 per hour for nurses with 5 – 9 years experience, $31.70 per hour for such professionals with 10 – 19 years under their belt, and finally, 432.91 per hour for BSN nurses with 20 years or above working experience.
BSN salaries in different states
As would be expected the BSN salary varies from state to state, and below just are some of the rates you would receive in 6 different states.
A BSN nurse in this state can expect to receive an hourly rate of $28.94.
California BSN nurses receive an hourly rate of $37.53.
The hourly rate for BSN nurses in this state is $27.38.
BSN nurses from Georgia can expect an hourly rate of $26.16.
The hourly rate in the state of Georgia for BSN nurses is $26.73.
A BSN nurse can expect $28.26 per hour.
How can you be a BSN nurse?
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MSN: Health Policy
- MSN: Community Health
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Practical Nursing
- PN RN Associate Degree Bridge Program
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing - RN to BSN
- MS in Nursing
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- For placement, financial and other important information, visit online.daymarcollege.edu/disclosures.
- Medical Assisting - Associates Degree
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
There are two options for anyone that might wish to be a BSN nurse can choose from. You can either earn a 2-3 year associate degree in nursing (ADN) or pursue a 4 year degree course. For either option you still have to pass your state’s licensing board examination.