Cardiovascular Technologist Salary In The US
According to a March 2014 HR Report, the median yearly salary for a typical cardiac technologist in the US is of approximately $40,000.
Pay Scale In Different Parts Of The US
The pay scale for cardiovascular technologists can vary greatly from one area of the US to another, and some states are known to pay higher than others. California offers the highest annual mean wage for these medical professionals, of approximately $60,000. After that, the State of New York pays cardiovascular technologists with around $54,000 a year and Pennsylvania with $55,000 a year. The States of Texas and Florida also offer highly encouraging wages, of $51,000 a year respectively $46,000 a year.
Job Description Of Cardiovascular Technologist
These professionals are trained in operating lung and heart machines as well as all the adjacent laboratory apparatus. The cardiovascular technologist also prepares all the written documentation, evaluates the progress of the patient and comes up with individualized treatment plans. Most of them require an Associate’s Degree in order to become cardiovascular technologists, and they may also need a certificate in electrocardiography or related health technology.
The duties and responsibilities of these professionals are many: not only do they have to register patients, but they also need to verify their medical history and comfort and welcome them in the cardiology suite. It is also the duty of the cardiovascular technologist to answer all their questions and to provide them with information on different treatment plans. Also, these technicians and technologists support physicians in diagnosing cardiac ailments and they complete EKGs and ECGs by attaching numerous electrodes to the body of the patient. Moreover, sometimes they may also need to complete various non-invasive peripheral vascular tests and to complete patient records, forms, reports and such, as well as to maintain the medical equipment functional.
How To Become A Cardiovascular Technologist?
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Nursing (RN) - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from the Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences in as few as 20 months. As a student, you will attend live online classes and gain clinical experience at sites in or near your community, secured with the assistance of a dedicated clinical placement team. Accredited by CCNE, the program offers part-time and full-time options to prepare you for certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MSN: Health Policy
- MSN: Community Health
- MA: Medical Sciences: Business Management
- And more...
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- PN RN Associate Degree Bridge Program
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Patient Care Technician
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- PhD - Addictions
- PhD - Gerontology
- And more...
If you have decided that this is the career path you want to follow, then one of the best things you can do is find a job shadow experience that allows you to accumulate all the practical, technical and theoretical skills that you need. You can work closely with a cardiovascular technician and then you can get an education. Only a formal program can teach you how to run various diagnostic tests and most of these programs culminate with an Associate’s Degree, although some of them offer Bachelor’s Degrees as well. In addition to this, it is important to opt for a college or another educational institution that is accredited, and you should expect the length of the program to be anywhere between 1 to 4 years, depending on how qualified you are.
During the course of the training, you can get to specialize in one or many sub fields of cardiovascular medicine, from non-invasive cardiology and non-invasive peripheral vascular study to invasive cardiology. All you need for enrolling in such a program is a high school diploma or an equivalent. During the training, you will be taught the basics of cardiovascular technology, physiology and human anatomy, basic pharmacology, medical instrumentation and such.
The licensing and certification are extremely important, and it is important to firstly graduate from a training program that is accredited by the Joint Review Committee of Education In Cardiovascular Technology. After that, you can get your professional certification in cardiac catheterization, vascular ultrasound, cardiographic techniques or echocardiography. All of these certifications are provided by the Cardiovascular Credentialing International or by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers.
Cardiovascular Technologist Salary In Canada, Australia And The United Kingdom
These professionals can record massive differences in their yearly salary depending on the country where they choose to work. For instance, the average yearly salary of a cardiac technician or technologist is of 52,000 pounds per year in the United Kingdom, and of C$55,000 to C$65,000 in Canada. Speaking of Canada, the highest hourly average wages are earned in Alberta, Montreal and Calgary. On the other hand, Australia pays its cardiovascular technologists with an average of AU$48,000 a year, although the paychecks vary greatly.
Cardiovascular technology is a very beautiful medical field, and cardiovascular technicians or technologists can truly make a difference in the lives of their patients. If you are driven by both money and professional reward, then this job might be exactly what you are looking for.