Cardiovascular Technologist Salary In The US
According to a March 2014 HR Report, the median yearly salary for a typical cardiac technologist in the US is of approximately $40,000.
Pay Scale In Different Parts Of The US
The pay scale for cardiovascular technologists can vary greatly from one area of the US to another, and some states are known to pay higher than others. California offers the highest annual mean wage for these medical professionals, of approximately $60,000. After that, the State of New York pays cardiovascular technologists with around $54,000 a year and Pennsylvania with $55,000 a year. The States of Texas and Florida also offer highly encouraging wages, of $51,000 a year respectively $46,000 a year.
Job Description Of Cardiovascular Technologist
These professionals are trained in operating lung and heart machines as well as all the adjacent laboratory apparatus. The cardiovascular technologist also prepares all the written documentation, evaluates the progress of the patient and comes up with individualized treatment plans. Most of them require an Associate’s Degree in order to become cardiovascular technologists, and they may also need a certificate in electrocardiography or related health technology.
The duties and responsibilities of these professionals are many: not only do they have to register patients, but they also need to verify their medical history and comfort and welcome them in the cardiology suite. It is also the duty of the cardiovascular technologist to answer all their questions and to provide them with information on different treatment plans. Also, these technicians and technologists support physicians in diagnosing cardiac ailments and they complete EKGs and ECGs by attaching numerous electrodes to the body of the patient. Moreover, sometimes they may also need to complete various non-invasive peripheral vascular tests and to complete patient records, forms, reports and such, as well as to maintain the medical equipment functional.
How To Become A Cardiovascular Technologist?
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- PN RN Associate Degree Bridge Program
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Practical Nursing
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Nursing (RN) - Associate's
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Practical Nursing Diploma
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Educational Studies (Does Not Lead to Teacher Licensure)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Leadership in Health Care Systems
The Metropolitan Institute of Health and Technology (MIHT) is dedicated to educating men and women to serve with confidence in the health and technology industry. MIHT provides career training for students to move forward in their chosen field of study, changing their lives for the better. MIHT strives to provide quality education with affordable tuition. Our staff works to determine the best financial options for students on an individualized level.
- Clinical Medical Assisting
If you have decided that this is the career path you want to follow, then one of the best things you can do is find a job shadow experience that allows you to accumulate all the practical, technical and theoretical skills that you need. You can work closely with a cardiovascular technician and then you can get an education. Only a formal program can teach you how to run various diagnostic tests and most of these programs culminate with an Associate’s Degree, although some of them offer Bachelor’s Degrees as well. In addition to this, it is important to opt for a college or another educational institution that is accredited, and you should expect the length of the program to be anywhere between 1 to 4 years, depending on how qualified you are.
During the course of the training, you can get to specialize in one or many sub fields of cardiovascular medicine, from non-invasive cardiology and non-invasive peripheral vascular study to invasive cardiology. All you need for enrolling in such a program is a high school diploma or an equivalent. During the training, you will be taught the basics of cardiovascular technology, physiology and human anatomy, basic pharmacology, medical instrumentation and such.
The licensing and certification are extremely important, and it is important to firstly graduate from a training program that is accredited by the Joint Review Committee of Education In Cardiovascular Technology. After that, you can get your professional certification in cardiac catheterization, vascular ultrasound, cardiographic techniques or echocardiography. All of these certifications are provided by the Cardiovascular Credentialing International or by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers.
Cardiovascular Technologist Salary In Canada, Australia And The United Kingdom
These professionals can record massive differences in their yearly salary depending on the country where they choose to work. For instance, the average yearly salary of a cardiac technician or technologist is of 52,000 pounds per year in the United Kingdom, and of C$55,000 to C$65,000 in Canada. Speaking of Canada, the highest hourly average wages are earned in Alberta, Montreal and Calgary. On the other hand, Australia pays its cardiovascular technologists with an average of AU$48,000 a year, although the paychecks vary greatly.
Cardiovascular technology is a very beautiful medical field, and cardiovascular technicians or technologists can truly make a difference in the lives of their patients. If you are driven by both money and professional reward, then this job might be exactly what you are looking for.