Applied Behavior Analysis, or ABA, therapists are experts in a field that used to be known as behavior modification for patients with learning and social problems. Certified ABA therapists must undergo accredited ABA therapist courses at any level from undergraduate to doctoral level, but those seeking accreditation with a bachelor’s degree from ABA therapist schools have more limited options for their future employment.
ABA therapist training cannot begin until a candidate reaches a specific level of education, which for most programs is at least a bachelor’s degree. There is not a specific ABA therapist degree, which can be taken, but a therapist trained in psychology can seek entry to ABA therapist classes. Upon being trained a course of continuing education must be completed to maintain a state license, which is a required part of practicing lawfully in any area of the US.
Top ABA Therapist Schools
- Work in the fascinating and rewarding field of psychology - earn your bachelor's or master's degree online with Grand Canyon University.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences promotes research, creativity, ethical formation and inquiry through critical, analytical and interdisciplinary study.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's in psychology degrees combine academic theory with practical application.
- Gain a comprehensive study of human behavior within a Christian values-oriented environment designed to emphasize compassion and ethics.
- Join a values-based community surrounded by compassion, ethics and research on human behavior.
- B.S. in Behavioral Health Science - Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Master of Science in Child and Adolescent Developmental Psychology
- Mental Health Policy and Practice - Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology
- General Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- BS in Psychology - Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- MS in Psychology - General Psychology
- MS in Psychology
- And more...
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology - Consumer Behavior
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology - Organizational Behavior
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Master of Arts: Pastoral Counseling: Discipleship and Church Ministry
- Master of Arts: Pastoral Counseling: Crisis Response and Trauma
- And more...
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Sports Counseling (Certificate) - Online
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
A strong education in psychology is required to become an ABA therapist, with the majority of those conducting research and practicing this form of therapy reaching a doctoral level of education. Many ABA therapist courses will accept candidates from undergraduate programs, but the chances of gaining employment in a recognized medical environment will be limited by this. After an undergraduate program the best option is to seek a master’s degree in psychology, which can open up a large amount of research opportunities and bring the future ABA therapist into contact with teaching professionals that can possibly further their career in the future. ABA therapist training can then be undertaken to allow a state license to be obtained in this rewarding field of behavioral therapy.
The work completed by an ABA therapist can be rewarding and stimulating, the financial rewards are not great for those working each day in a medical or educational environment. But, the majority of candidates are more interested in the job satisfaction and ability to help young people achieve their potential than in financial gain. The path to an ABA therapist exam brings most candidates through a research and theoretical psychology pathway, which are fields that can be expanded on as the career of the individual continues after they become licensed and enter the workplace.