If you are passionate about physical therapy and you plan to become a physiotherapist in the near future, then you should know that this is one of the most rewarding careers in the healthcare field. A physiotherapist can work in physician’s offices, nursing homes or they can be employed in private home-care, while others choose to open their own practices and can set their own salary. As it happens with any other profession, the salary of physiotherapists can vary between $54,000 and $107,000 a year, depending on factors like employer or the state where they reside.
Pay Scale In Different Parts Of The United States
In spite of the fact that a good physiotherapist can make over $100,000 a year, these professionals usually earn less than that. In Texas for instance, they can make between $54,000 and $72,000, while those from California should expect to earn between $60,000 and $80,000. On the other hand, physiotherapists who live and work in New York can make between $52,000 and $67,000, while those from Ohio should expect a mean yearly wage between $55,000 and $69,000. A physiotherapist who works in Pennsylvania can make between $54,000 and $69,000, while one from Florida makes between $57,000 and $72,000.
Physiotherapist Job Description
The job description of physical therapists is rather complex, as these professionals are mainly responsible for developing programs that help patients who have suffered a severe injury or illness. The purpose of the physical therapist is to help patients improve their movements, as well as helping them manage their pains better. It often happens that physiotherapists work with those who have suffered a chronic condition like a severe sports-related injury, a serious fracture or a stroke.
Physiotherapists have a series of duties and responsibility, but the main one is helping the patient imporve their movement. The physiotherapist must create a personalized training program for the patient, they must create tailored physical exercises designed to increase movement and to reduce pain and they must also closely monitor the process of the program and to bring any necessary modifications to it, whenever needed. In some cases, the physiotherapist may also rely on different forms of massage and advanced equipment to boost the efficacy of the physical exercises.
How To Become A Physiotherapist?
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Massage Therapy
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Massage Therapy - Associate's
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Massage Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
Prepare for a Career That You Will Love … in Massage Therapy!
Do you want a career that offers the satisfaction of helping people and a work environment that is positive and exciting? With the education you will receive at the Virginia School of Massage, that career can be yours.
Classes start November 13!
- Professional Massage Therapy Program
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy
- And more...
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Becoming a physiotherapist can take a few years, and the first step (and perhaps the most important one) is enrolling in a Bachelor’s Degree program and earning the degree, as this can take up to four years to complete. After that, it is recommended to enroll either in a Master’s or a Doctoral program in physical therapy and getting your higher degree. A physiotherapist also should complete a thorough residency program that can last up to three years, depending on whether you want to specialize in a particular field of physical therapy or you just want to practice the general physiotherapy.
After completing their training and education, a physical therapist can opt for physical therapy certification. Some experience in the physical fitness industry or in health services is usually required in order to receive the certification, which is granted by the National Physical Therapist Examination, or the NPTE. If you want to work in any of the 50 states of the US, you will have to possess this certification and to have completed a post-secondary education program. Most of those who apply for a certificate usually have background in physiotherapy, physiology or physical therapy, along with a degree provided by a reputable and accredited university.
Physiotherapist Salary In Canada, Australia And The United Kingdom
Physical therapists earn different wages across the world. For instance, the average yearly wage for a therapist who works in Australia is of Au $61,000, while a physical therapy professional who works in the United Kingdom should expect to earn anywhere between 21,000 and 40,000 pounds a year. Ultimately, those from Canada have a mean yearly salafy of around CA $59,000.
Verdict On Physiotherapist Salary
To conclude, physical therapy specialists can earn a lot of money, but this depends a lot on their training, their experience, their level of expertise as well as their employer. Those who truly want to make the best out of physical therapy should expect to earn as much as $100,000, in certain parts of the US.