If you are passionate about physical therapy and you plan to become a physiotherapist in the near future, then you should know that this is one of the most rewarding careers in the healthcare field. A physiotherapist can work in physician’s offices, nursing homes or they can be employed in private home-care, while others choose to open their own practices and can set their own salary. As it happens with any other profession, the salary of physiotherapists can vary between $54,000 and $107,000 a year, depending on factors like employer or the state where they reside.
Pay Scale In Different Parts Of The United States
In spite of the fact that a good physiotherapist can make over $100,000 a year, these professionals usually earn less than that. In Texas for instance, they can make between $54,000 and $72,000, while those from California should expect to earn between $60,000 and $80,000. On the other hand, physiotherapists who live and work in New York can make between $52,000 and $67,000, while those from Ohio should expect a mean yearly wage between $55,000 and $69,000. A physiotherapist who works in Pennsylvania can make between $54,000 and $69,000, while one from Florida makes between $57,000 and $72,000.
Physiotherapist Job Description
The job description of physical therapists is rather complex, as these professionals are mainly responsible for developing programs that help patients who have suffered a severe injury or illness. The purpose of the physical therapist is to help patients improve their movements, as well as helping them manage their pains better. It often happens that physiotherapists work with those who have suffered a chronic condition like a severe sports-related injury, a serious fracture or a stroke.
Physiotherapists have a series of duties and responsibility, but the main one is helping the patient imporve their movement. The physiotherapist must create a personalized training program for the patient, they must create tailored physical exercises designed to increase movement and to reduce pain and they must also closely monitor the process of the program and to bring any necessary modifications to it, whenever needed. In some cases, the physiotherapist may also rely on different forms of massage and advanced equipment to boost the efficacy of the physical exercises.
How To Become A Physiotherapist?
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Physical Therapist Assistant - Associate's
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Massage Therapy Diploma
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Massage Therapy
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Management
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
- Looking for an Online Nursing Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree
- Get Matched to Top Nursing Degree Programs RIGHT NOW for FREE!
Prepare for a Career That You Will Love … in Massage Therapy!
Do you want a career that offers the satisfaction of helping people and a work environment that is positive and exciting? With the education you will receive at the Virginia School of Massage, that career can be yours.
Classes start November 13!
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
Becoming a physiotherapist can take a few years, and the first step (and perhaps the most important one) is enrolling in a Bachelor’s Degree program and earning the degree, as this can take up to four years to complete. After that, it is recommended to enroll either in a Master’s or a Doctoral program in physical therapy and getting your higher degree. A physiotherapist also should complete a thorough residency program that can last up to three years, depending on whether you want to specialize in a particular field of physical therapy or you just want to practice the general physiotherapy.
After completing their training and education, a physical therapist can opt for physical therapy certification. Some experience in the physical fitness industry or in health services is usually required in order to receive the certification, which is granted by the National Physical Therapist Examination, or the NPTE. If you want to work in any of the 50 states of the US, you will have to possess this certification and to have completed a post-secondary education program. Most of those who apply for a certificate usually have background in physiotherapy, physiology or physical therapy, along with a degree provided by a reputable and accredited university.
Physiotherapist Salary In Canada, Australia And The United Kingdom
Physical therapists earn different wages across the world. For instance, the average yearly wage for a therapist who works in Australia is of Au $61,000, while a physical therapy professional who works in the United Kingdom should expect to earn anywhere between 21,000 and 40,000 pounds a year. Ultimately, those from Canada have a mean yearly salafy of around CA $59,000.
Verdict On Physiotherapist Salary
To conclude, physical therapy specialists can earn a lot of money, but this depends a lot on their training, their experience, their level of expertise as well as their employer. Those who truly want to make the best out of physical therapy should expect to earn as much as $100,000, in certain parts of the US.