Sports therapists are very appreciated in the sports industry these days, as their duty is to help those who suffer from different sports-related injuries to reduce their pain and suffering while improving their flexibility and mobility at the same time. It is the duty of the sports therapist to help athletes increase their performance. This is one of the fastest growing health related careers at the moment, and these therapists focus on those who have suffered extensive sports injuries and need support and rehabilitation services. The median yearly salary for these professionals revolves around the sum of $80,000 a year, although this can vary greatly across the US.
Pay Scale In Different Parts Of The United States of America
In New York,Mississippi, Massachusetts and Washington, these professionals should expect to get a salary that ranges between $90,000 and as much as $95,000, while the state of Virginia pays them with $90,000 a year for their services. On the other hand, the states of Connecticut, Georgia and New Jersey offer sports therapists median wages that vary between $80,00 and $85,000, the state of California pays them with as much as $88,000. All of these states offer sports therapists salaries that are above the national average!
Sports Therapist Job Description
The duties and responsibilities of the sports therapists are many, but generally speaking these professionals give in-depth medical advice to exercise participants and sports enthusiasts. They teach them how to train themselves and how to compete safely, how to manage their strains, sprains and other sports-related injuries and they also guide the athletes throughout the entire medical rehabilitation program. Also, the duty of the sports therapist is not only to address the existing conditions, but also to prevent new injuries from arising. These therapists target all the conditions of the musculoskeletal system that can arise after playing sports, and they can work with a sports club or with the athlete himself.
Amongst the most notable duties of the sports therapist, these professionals need to test the joints of the athlete to check the range of movement, offer specialized therapy massage to help them overcome the pain, provide emergency aid whenever it is required, examine and asses the existing injuries, rehabilitate the injuries by using different manual therapy techniques and electrotherapy, treat the injuries, mobilising them as well as alleviating the pain. Sports therapists are well-aware of the many different types of sports massage out there, and they commonly use different techniques in order to help the athletes cope with the pain.
How To Become A Sports Therapist?
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Massage Therapy
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Management
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
- Sport Psychology (Master of Science) - Online
- And more...
- Respiratory Therapy
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Physical Therapist Assistant - Associate's
- Looking for an Online Nursing Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree
- Get Matched to Top Nursing Degree Programs RIGHT NOW for FREE!
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
Commonly referred to as athletic trainers, sports therapists work closely with athletes, no matter if they are amateur sports enthusiasts or highly trained professional athletes. Generally speaking, most sports therapists nowadays choose to start their career with a Bachelor’s Degree in the field, then they enroll in a Master’s Degree program followed by the required licensure. Just like any other therapist in the United States of America, sports therapists need to be licensed in order to practice in all the 50 states.
When it comes to sports therapy, it must be said that while the license is mandatory in order for these professionals to work legally in the United States of America, the certification is purely optional. The Board of Certification offers several different types of certifications for both athletic trainers and sports therapists, and the eligibility requirements can vary. However, the basic requirements involve completing a specialized and advanced training program that is accredited by the CAATE, acronym that stands for the Commission on Accreditation of the Athletic Training Education. After getting their certification, the sports therapists must maintain their certification in airway obstruction, adult and pediatric CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) as well as in emergency cardiac care.
Sports Therapist Salary In Canada, Australia And The UK
In Canada, the median yearly salary is of CAD$52,000, in Australia of Au$61,000 while in the United Kingdom it typically ranges between 17,000 and as much as 28,000 pounds a year.
Verdict On Sports Therapist Salary
To conclude, sports therapists receive great salaries in the United States of America, and those who work directly with professional athletes rather than for a sports club tend to earn even more money. The payment varies greatly across the United States, but they can easily get over $90,000 a year in most areas!