Fitness Trainer Salary
The average yearly salary of a fitness trainer varies greatly from one state to another, and it is currently estimated between $31,000 and $54,000 a year, according to the latest analysis of survey data. Other factors that influence the salary of these professionals are the level of experience, the specialization or the education level. Statistically speaking, the job outlook for the years 2012-2022 is 13% higher and the job of fitness trainer requires nothing more than a high school diploma or the equivalent, as these professionals get most of their training on the job.
Pay Scale In Different Parts Of The US
Some states pay their fitness trainers better than others, and Oregon is undoubtedly in the top three states with the highest payment for these professionals, followed by the state of Michigan where fitness professionals have an average yearly salary of around $36,000 a year. Colorado should not be neglected either, as professionals are paid in this state with around $45,000 a year, depending on the city – Denver is one of the most sought-after ones when it comes to salary. Utah, on the other hand, offers fitness professionals an average yearly wage of around $38,000 which, although is less than what Colorado pays them, it still pays them around 25% more than most of the other states in the USA.
The number one state on the list is undoubtedly California, which is known for its very active lifestyle – that being said, fitness professionals who live and work here usually enjoy a yearly salary that is twice the national average per capital. A qualified, skilled and experienced fitness trainer can easily make up to $50,000 or more in California.
The fitness trainer can lead or instruct individuals in various exercise activities, including stretching exercises, aerobic and anaerobic exercises. They can work in fitness centers, local gyms, universities, resorts or gym studios, or they can be hired as personal fitness trainers by individuals who want to get a comprehensive workout on a weekly basis.
These fitness professionals are responsible for creating and implementing a targeted exercise regimen that meets the needs and requirements of every client. It often happens that the regimen goes beyond training and also involves cardiovascular exercises or a balanced nutritional plan. The fitness trainer should have at least two years of experience in order to work in the field, and they should specialize both in cardiovascular training and weight training, as some clients only want to burn fat while others want to build muscle mass as well.
How To Become A Fitness Trainer
- Personal Trainer
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MS in Sport Management - Tourism :Thesis
- MS in Sport Management - Tourism : Non-Thesis
- Master of Science: Sport Management: Outdoor Adventure Sport (Thesis)
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Athletic Coaching - MAT
- Sport and Athletic Management - MAT
- Sports Management - Doctor of Education
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- BS in Nutrition
- AAS in Business Administration - Health Club Operations
UNE Online, through the College of Graduate and Professional Studies, strives to enhance, expand and enrich learning opportunities in online programs. The UNE Online staff is highly invested in the success of each enrolled student from application to graduation and beyond.
- MS in Applied Nutrition
Technology changes everything®
You’ve found Ashford University, where school comes to you. Ashford delivers relevant degree programs to you everywhere, any time, with a supportive community where you belong.
- BA/Health and Wellness
- BA/Health Education
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Sport Management Studies - Wellness and Fitness (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Wellness Coaching (Master of Science) - Online
- Dual Concentration: Performance Enhancement, Wellness Coaching (Master of Science) - Online
- And more...
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
If you are passionate about physical training and you would like to help other people achieve their weight loss goals, then becoming a personal training might be the best choice for you. However, doing that is not an easy task, and the first thing you need to do is to develop the skills of a personal trainer.
This job does not require a great deal of formal education, but it does require innate skills, dedication, ambition and on-the-job experience. It is important to firstly get in shape and to have an in-depth understanding of human anatomy, as it is extremely important for a good fitness trainer to understand how the human body works in order to keep his clients safe. It is the duty of the personal trainer to keep the clients inspired, motivated and determined in the long run, and trustworthiness coupled with genuine care and interest are essential for becoming a fitness professional. After that, you need to get your certification and you can start to practice right away.
Certification is essential for becoming a itness trainer, and in order to get it you will have to enroll in a training program that is accredited by the NCCA, or the National Commission of Certifying Agencies. However, you will need to have your AED and your CPR certification prior to sitting for the final exam that will grant you the certification you are looking for. On average, such a program can cost anywhere between $400 and $800.
Fitness Trainer Salary In Canada, Australia And UK
The national average yearly salary for fitness trainers in Canada is of $41,000, in Australia it can be anywhere between $23,000 and $50,000 and in UK, fitness professionals who work in the gym can expect to earn between £16k – £22k a year.
The Bottom Line
To conclude, the average yearly salary of a skilled fitness trainer can vary a lot depending on the location of the professional, as well as on the training as these professionals can be rated at Level 2 or Level 3.