More and more people have started to acknowledge the importance of living a healthy and balanced lifestyle, and along with that, the demand for personal trainers and aerobic professionals has increased dramatically. The duties of a personal trainer are many, from helping customers achieve their fitness goals to staying in good shape yourself.
This profession has been around for centuries, although the duties and responsibilities of the fitness trainer have slightly changed throughout the years. At the time being, there are more than half a million personal and fitness trainers in the United States of America, and their yearly average salary is of around $35,000. However, the top earners in the fitness industry can make as much as $63,000 a year or more.
Pay Scale In Different Parts Of The United States of America
New York pays its aerobics instructors, fitness and personal trainers a mean yearly wage of around $49,000, while the District of Columbia pays them around $45,000 a year, and so does Massachusetts. The state of Connecticut pays its personal and fitness trainers a mean yearly wage of around $40,000, just like the state of California, while New Jersey pays them $42,000 a year, which is around $7,000 above the national average.
Personal Trainer Job Description
The main duty of the personal trainer is to help clients lose weight, achieve their weight loss goals and improve their overall physical appearance. In addition to this, personal trainers also educate clients and those who are interested in a healthier, more balanced lifestyle. It is the responsibility of the fitness trainer to identify their goals and then to create tailored workout programs for them, depending on what they hope to achieve (lose weight, increase their strength and endurance, improve their fitness level and so forth).
These professionals have in-depth knowledge in fields like exercise, human anatomy and physiology, and they are also familiar with a variety of diseases and illnesses that are triggered by obesity and/or the lack of exercise. It is their duty to make sure that their clients fully understand the importance of having a healthy and active lifestyle, and they can work either with groups of clients or they can offer individual, one on one training sessions, depending on the needs and requirements of their clients.
An aspect of utmost importance is the communication – it is essential for personal trainers to be able to assess the needs of their clients, to discuss the importance of staying in shape as well as to keep them motivated throughout the months of training. In order to do that, it is essential for the trainer to have good listening and communication skills. Also, these professionals deal with monitoring the progress of their clients throughout the course of several months – they record their health status, their overall weight and fitness level, and compare them against charts to see whether they have made any progress.
Fitness trainers and aerobics professionals often attend specialized and professional workshops and fitness events in order to stay up to date with the latest innovations in the field, as well as to earn new qualifications. These professionals are highly trained both in the field of fitness and in that of nutrition.
How To Become A Personal Trainer?
- Health Care degrees include BA in Health Care Administration, BS in Health Information Management, BS in Nursing (RN to BSN), and more.
- Coursework focuses on relevant topics in the health care field, such as administration, planning, and policy.
- Students can specialize in areas like Human Resource Management, Health Care Informatics Systems, and Long-Term Care Management.
- Online degree programs that can help students pursue a degree on their own schedule.
- BA/Health and Wellness
- BA/Health Education
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Management / Sport Management
- B.S. in Sport Management
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
Working as a personal trainer offers you a lot of flexibility and independence in an industry where the job outlook is absolutely excellent. In spite of the fact that it can be challenging at first to get stable and loyal clients, personal trainers will eventually manage to do so.
The first step towards becoming a good and reputable aerobics instructor or fitness trainer is deciding on your fitness certification. It if very important to enroll in a specialized fitness training program that is accredited either by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies or by another competent review body. Getting your certification as a fitness instructor from an NCCA program or an equivalent can certainly open many doors in the future.
Another essential part is choosing your specialty, as you have a plethora of options to choose from: you can become an expert in athlete training, sports conditioning, high-intensioty interval training, group classes, working with kids and teenagers, weight loss and so on.
The certification is provided by the ACE, or the American Council on Exercise. This is a non-proit organization that has been maintaining accreditation from the NCCA for more than a decade, and it is also accredited by the well-known EHFA, or the European Health and Fitness Association.
Personal Trainer Salary In Canada, Australia And The United Kingdom
Fitness trainers make more than C$40,000 in Canada, while their mean yearly wage in Australia is of around $50,000, and in the United Kingdom their salary ranges between $16,000 and $22,000 pounds a year.
Verdict On Personal Trainer Salary
To conclude, the personal trainer salary is very motivating for most fitness and aerobics professionals.